In winter at VALMOREL
- A sunny ski area of 165 km, which ensures varied sensations throughout the day, particularly thanks to unexpected landscapes and connections between Doucy, the Col de la Madeleine and Saint-François-Longchamp.
- Never overcrowded, therefore secure slopes, due to the km of slopes (165) to number of beds ratio.
- Many beginners’ areas, on which significant investments are made every year. The Pirates Village in the heart of the slopes, offers attractions for young children (roundabouts, can knock down, secret passages, slides, giant spider...). The child friendly areas (snowpark, boardercross…) were designed to live attractive experiences safely. Other example: a pirates way, of blue classification, that presents pirate figurines, banked turns and themed doors.
- A quality snow cover, reinforced by a network of effective and wide artificial snow production.
- An omnipresent and unspoilt nature, with secret itineraries towards Pré de Doucy, official resort of the children channel Gulli, and whose animation programme is completely designed and thought for them.
- Learning ski or snowboard, with Valmorel's ESF (ski school), that welcomes the children every day in the Piou-Piou areas or in level classes, and offers different options to choose from: morning, afternoon or full day classes, with the possibility for children to have lunch at the ski school.
- Off-ski activities, and snowshoe hikes year-round, dogsled treks for families, Nordic walking, paragliding for thrill seekers and of course, moments of absolute relaxation in the spas of the village.
- Entertainment for the whole family, implemented by the resort of Valmorel and its partners mobilised every day to make the pedestrian street of the village come to life.
- Accommodation of quality and excellence (hotel, clubs, apartments, self-catering, Club Med...) and of course, restaurants and catering services, in which the varied, fresh, and local products are the highlight.
- Services for families (pushchair/stroller, sleds rental...)
In summer at VALMOREL
- A variety of activities: 360° hikes to meet the mountain herdsmen , donkey rides, introduction to mountain biking, relaxation at the spa of La Léchère, village festivals, climbing ...
- The moderate altitude of the territory of Valmorel, which allows you to fully enjoy the summer on a terrace wearing short sleeves!
-3 pools available (Valmorel, Doucy and Bellecombe), not to mention the rivers and streams that shape the mountain.
- An ideal location for visiting Savoie / Haute-Savoie: Valmorel is an ideal base camp in the heart of Savoie, that enables you to easily go for day trips (1-hour drive to Lake Annecy, 30 minutes away from Albertville Olympic city ...)
- The discovery of one of the mythical Cols of Le Tour de France: the Col de la Madeleine, ascended no less than 25 times by the riders, it is accessible by bike, by car and also by foot!
- Memories from the age of 3: Valmorel offers indeed one of the largest high rope courses in France. It is suitable for all ages and supervised by professionals. Located in the heart of the village of Valmorel, the departure point is located near the Piou-Piou area.
- The FFC label of the mountain biking area.
Ski area closed
Linked ski area
Le Grand Domaine
From 23/12/2017 to 15/04/2018
From 17/12/2016 to 16/04/2016
From 23/12/2017 to 15/04/2018
from 1400 m. to 2550 m.
- 0 blue runs
- 0 green runs
- 0 red runs
- 0 black runs
VALMOREL is a resort labeled Famille Plus
- A daycare to support children
- Un jardin des neiges pour découvrir le ski à partir de 3 ans
- Un espace débutant pour découvrir le ski en famille
- Des pistes de luge pour s’amuser en famille
- Des animations pour toutes les tranches d'âge
- Des tarifs adaptés aux familles