2019 News and events
Booking a holiday is all about finding the right accommodation. Whatever your personal style, our resorts have the place for you. Here’s a run-down of what’s new for winter 2019-2020.
Hand-picked for you: accommodation with a strong identity
If you’re looking for an immersive experience, an unusual new luxury accommodation option with geodesic domes blending into the landscape is opening this winter in Les Orres: the Alpin Cocoon. These 40m² high-end cocoon-style rooms boast original and innovative architecture, designed for contemplating nature through a 160° bay window.
Why not live the mountain life rather than just staying in the mountains, discovering accommodation with a strong identity without sacrificing an ounce of comfort? Trust us, it’s an unforgettable experience. Try these options, all new for this season:
- Little wooden chalets in the Massif du Sancy (Terre d’Horizon)
- Renovated farms and barns in Métabief at La Ferme de Fleurette, Les Orres at La Jarbelle, Les Houches at Granges d'en Haut and at Toî du Monde in the Val d’Arly
- For a refreshing night, head for the new serviced igloo villages in Val Thorens, la Rosière and Orcières Merlette
Your own chalet accommodation
In Méribel, the Refuge de la Traye has kept all of its original spirit – of a traditional authentic mountain hut, built in 1982. Totally refurbished this summer, it takes the concept of the hotel to an exceptional level! This winter, it will be the first luxury mountain hut in the French Alps. It now consists of two chalets connected by an internal corridor and two separate mazots (mini chalets). Guest can enjoy a peaceful stay away from it all.
New chalets where stone and wood, open views and log fires take pride of place:
- Astilla, Becca and Luna, three new luxury chalets in Saint Martin de Belleville
- The ski-in ski-out Ecrin chalet in La Rosière
- The Arpitan lodge on the mountain side in La Clusaz
- La Vercouline chalet (including plunge pool) in Villard de Lans
Hotels with a View
‘Noble style, with an elegant heart’ is the motto of the new Hôtel Airelles Val d’Isère – Mademoiselle*****, with its own 1,200 m² Guerlain spa. There are 41 rooms, including Deluxe, Junior Suites, Suites and even Private Apartments with their own butler. There’s also a special area for children, a comfortable 200m² ski lounge, a gallery of big-name stores and three restaurants: the gourmet ‘VI’, the VI terrace for lunch, the traditional Carnozet and even a private cinema. It’s chic luxury all the way.
Renovated or brand-new, these mountain hotels offer services worthy of the greatest establishments:
- New : Le Coucou***** on the slopes in Méribel Valley
- Extension of the Grandes Rousses**** family hotel in Alpe d’Huez with 45 additional rooms
- New: the Mildiss**** hotel in Besse Super Besse
- Renovation of the Interlaken** hotel in Gérardmer
Plus, in Bourg Saint Maurice, Le Base Camp Lodge is a new hotel concept that does away with the usual format: dormitories, economy rooms, premium rooms, seminar rooms, bar, pub, brasserie. A completely new option taking a bite at year-round tourism.
All-inclusive peace of mind
From 15 December 2019, the new face of Club Med Alpe d’Huez will be revealed. It’s gone up-market with an extension and restructuring work, now offering a new range of premium experiences.
Facing due south and located on the slopes, Club Med Alpe d’Huez and its huge terraces enjoy breath-taking views of the surrounding Alpine peaks in the heart of the Oisans Massif. With 4 Tridents and 441 rooms, the new resort boasts all the comforts and services you need for a great stay. Entirely designed by the MHNA studio, the interior decor has all the ambiance of life in the mountains and the resort’s local history.
Freedom of an apartment
Hévana means ‘haven of peace’ in Tibetan. A great name for this new Pierre & Vacances premium L’Hévana***** complex in the heart of Méribel Centre. The complex houses 95 premium apartments, a range of ‘exclusive apartments’ with sauna, open fire, balcony or terrace, plus an elegant restaurant, cosy bar and warm and inviting tea room. If it’s well-being you’re after, head for the Deep Nature spa with indoor pool and jacuzzi on the terrace.
Good value and total freedom to do what you want - the self-catered apartment is leader of the pack in the mountains.
New complexes opening this winter:
- ‘Les Chalets des Pistes’ in Combloux
- ‘Le Monde des Neiges’ 5-star complex in Auron
- ‘Le Lodge des Neiges’ in Tignes
- CGH Panorama Vars 2000