2018 News and events
Summer in the mountains is your chance to make the most of the great outdoors and get active. Climbing up, going down, flying, swimming, riding…there’s something for everyone, whether you love watching sport or taking part.
Swimming, running and running: the major triathlons
- Xterra discovery: 500m swim / 20km (600m uphill) MTB / 6km (160m uphill) trail run
- Xterra France: 1,500m swim / 40km (1,200m uphill) MTB / 10km (320m uphill) trail run
- Duathlon: 6.5 km run, 15 km cycle - including the ride up to Alpe d'Huez, followed by a 2.5 km run at altitudes of more than 2,000 metres.
- Short distance triathlon: 1.2km swim, 28km bike ride including the ride up to Alpe d'Huez, followed by a 6.7km (110m uphill) run at altitudes of more than 2,000 metres.
- Long distance triathlon: 2.2km swim, 118km bike ride including the Col d’Ornon, the Col de Malissol and the ride up to Alpe d’Huez, and a 20km (340m uphill) run at altitudes of more than 2,000 metres.
- S route: 700m swim, 20km bike ride (1,200m uphill) and 4.5km run (100m uphill)
- M route: 1,300m swim, 53km bike ride (2,200m uphill), 7km run (150m uphill)
- Discovery triathlon: 500m swim – 20km bike ride – 5km run
- Olympic distance triathlon: 1.5km swim – 40km bike ride – 10km run
- XL Triathlon: 1.9km swim – 90km bike ride – 21km run
Climb up and fly over the mountaintops
Swing into resort: time for a round of golf
As well as :
7 and 8 July
Ski Jumping World Cup– Courchevel